- Chair massage revitalizes employees in only 15 minutes leaving them relaxed but alert.
- Chair massage is done through clothing making it convenient and psychologically comfortable for the employee.
- Chair massage is done with the client in a seated position and thus requires little space. A portable massage chair is used and can be set up in almost any location – a conference room, break room, empty office or a quiet corner. After the day’s session the space can be returned to normal use. The special massage chair fully supports the employee in a comfortable position while exposing – neck, back, shoulders, arms and hands for massage.
- As a wellness program, chair massage requires little motivation on the part of employees resulting in high utilization. Unlike other wellness modalities there is nothing to practice, learn, or accomplish. In fact, the less the client does the more effective the work will be.
- The results of a chair massage are immediate.
- Chair massage increases effectiveness – It’s tough to focus when your neck hurts and your shoulders are in knots. A massage literally clears your head.
- Chair massage controls responses to stress – Even a short massage induces relaxation and breaks the cycle of stress response.
- Chair massage improves work relationships – Yes! People with less muscle tension that feel less stressed are easier to get along with.
- Chair massage counters the circulatory problems inherent in office work – Massaging muscles through skin increases the flow of blood to legs and arms that may have reduced flow due to sitting in one position too long.
- Provide a much appreciated and healthful stress break – Employees need to get up from their desks periodically to avoid muscle stiffness and eye strain. Add in a massage during a break and your staff will feel management is doing something proactive for their well being.
- Reduce muscle pain – Sitting in a massage chair opens up the back muscles and relieves strain on the neck. Even 15 minutes of massage to the neck, back, arms and hands can reduce tension headaches, stress and anxiety.
- Chair massage relieves possible job related conditions such as: